Nuts are an excellent snacking option and when trying to lose weight, and ideally, one should swap potato chips, namkeen packets, and biscuits with a handful of nuts. If you’ve missed out on eating nuts in your day-to-day diet, it isn’t too late to start now. Not only are nuts great for health, they are really good to melt away layers of fat from the midriff region with their high omega-3 fatty acid content, vitamins, essential minerals that boost fat burning, as well as anti-inflammatory properties. We have been underlying the importance of including nuts as part of a weight loss diet because they also keep you full and curb appetite. In fact, you can sprinkle nuts on salads, smoothies, and also make protein bars out of them – they are one of the best post-workout treats to replenish energy as well. In this post, we list out 10 nuts that can help with weight loss and how to use them correctly to shed extra pounds can be found on the Rati Beauty diet.
How Eating Nuts Can Help with Weight Loss?
1. Have healthy fats that mobilize stored fat and boost the fat-burning process.
2. Rich in vitamins, micronutrients and essential minerals that act as catalyst in fat burning.
3. Anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Rich in antioxidants.
5. Improve metabolism.
10 Nuts That Help with Weight Loss:
1. Walnuts: This “brain nut” is packed with omega-3 fatty acids. For those of you who do not eat fish or salmon or want to avoid taking supplements, here’s your golden nut. Vegans and vegetarians get their source of omega 3-fatty acids from walnuts! It also contains protein, vitamin E, and helps your heart stay away from bad cholesterol. When you are internally healthy, there’s nothing that can stop you from losing weight. Walnuts are great addition to salads. Start eating them right away post workout or when you feel like munching on unhealthy snacks during the day.
2. Almonds: When you consume almonds every morning, you are helping your body. Studies have shown that they may aid weight loss and help in lowering blood pressure problems in obese people. They aren’t just good for your skin and brain, they play a vital role for your internal system too. Since they have protein, fiber, magnesium and vitamin E, they provide loads of nutrients. They also keep your stomach functioning all fine which means you will not have bloating issue either.
3. Pistachio: A commonly consumed nut that’s high in fiber, we are talking about pistachios. Around 20 grams of pista, has 150 calories which is necessary for the body. It contains fat, carbs and all the vitamins your system requires. Since they are known to reduce blood sugar post meals, they can be great life savers for those with diabetes struggling to shed weight. Add them as a morning snack with tea or simple munch on them through the day for shedding some pounds.
4. Cashew: One of the absolute favorite nut for a majority of Indians out there, it has gained notoriety as a nut that leads to weight gain. Excessive eating without portion control can lead to weight gain with any food, not just cashews. There’s a wrong notion that eating too many cashews will make you fat. No, it will not! I’ve been following a diet filled with nuts and I have only lost weight. I love munching on cashews but just be careful you don’t over eat. This goes for all the nuts or generally any food item. Cashews are the best to improve your metabolism which leads to weight loss. So, stop thinking too much and have them through your day. When you make a cashew paste and cook it with oil or butter, that’s when it isn’t too good to eat. Just on its own, it is great!
5. Peanuts: Another favorite nut for people all across India. We heavily consume peanuts on a regular basis. They are a part of our recipes, breakfast and also a good snack with some drinks. Raw peanuts when roasted in a pan without any oil or butter are excellent tea snacks. Do not buy packaged peanuts which are already salted. Unsalted peanuts have contain high amounts of fiber and vitamin E. Unsalted, roasted-at-home peanuts with their peels on are the best ones to munch on.
6. Brazil nuts: These delicious nuts have tons of antioxidants in them. They will improve your internal system in no time and make you healthy. It is said that they help your body in recovering quickly from any ailment, which is why they are great post a long day of work out. They are also known to improve the function of blood vessels in obese teenagers and can help them shed weight faster.
7. Pecans: Pecans in brownies are enjoyable to every level. But when consumed on their own, they are tasty and amazing for your body. Researchers suggest that having pecans as a snack can help you stay fuller for a longer time. This means you snack less through the day and avoid unwanted foods. Pecans work wonderful as topping in many foods like salads, zucchini pasta and healthy dark chocolate sweets. They are high in calories but definitely better than many other foods.
8. Pine nuts: They might be expensive but there’s a reason for that. Pine nuts are not found in many houses which could be because of their cost or simply that we aren’t aware how beneficial it is for our body. When taken in moderation, they are said to work as appetite suppressants. Do I need to say more? For those who cannot give up unhealthy snacking habits, start eating pine nuts and see the results.
9. Pumpkin Seeds: Health-conscious people have been adding pumpkin seeds to everything they eat – from smoothies to rolled oats to granola. They can be roasted and consumed as snack by themselves. With their high protein and fiber content, a handful of pumpkin seeds can keep you full for long and rev up the metabolism with its zinc content at the same time.
10. Sunflower Seeds: Get your daily dose of vitamin E from sunflower seeds and additionally get magnesium, potassium, protein, and calcium also from these seeds. Sunflower seeds also have fiber to keep you full and healthy fat to reduce fat.
These Healthy Seeds Help with Weight Loss
15 Things you Should Absolutely Never Do on a Weight Loss Diet