Vermilion on the head, mangalsutra around the neck are common signs that women traditionally follow to indicate their marital status in India. Sindoor on the forehead holds a great deal of importance in Hindu mythology and signifies a woman’s marital status. Bollywood actresses who are known for their glamorous avataar do not shy away from sporting red sindoor on their head after marriage, and in fact, love flaunting sindoor. Take a look at Bollywood beauties who sport mangalsutra and the red vermilion with aplomb.
1. Katrina Kaif: She tied the knot with Vicky Kaushal on December 9, 2021, in Ranthambore, Rajasthan. Since then, she has been cooking for the family and following rituals without any hesitation.
2. Kareena Kapoor: Saif and Kareena are on of the strongest couples in Bollywood and do not hesitate in displaying PDA openly. Kareena Kapoor also does not shy away from sporting sindoor on occasions and for events.
3. Anushka Sharma: She tied the knot with cricketer Virat Kohli in 2017 in a destination wedding in Tuscany, France. They have been blessed with a cute baby girl Vamika and form a small and happy family.
4. Aishwarya Rai: This former beauty queen is a loving daughter in law, a great wife, and a doting mother. And she carries traditional and modern looks with equal grace.
5. Deepika Padukone: Deepika and Ranvir had a destination wedding in Lake Como, Italy, in 2018, and have stuck together with each other through thick and thin.
6. Sonam Kapoor: She married her long-time beau Anand Ahuja, in a traditional wedding, and has proven that marriage does not mean a full stop to career.
7. Yami Gautam: She won everyone’s heart with her down-to-earth demeanour and her wedding was as simple and traditional as it could get. Yami tied the knot with filmmaker Aditya Dhar in June 2021.
8. Ankita Lokhande: She had a grand wedding with her long-time boyfriend Vicky Jain and looked radiant in all her pre-bridal and post-bridal avtaars.
9. Priyanka Chopra: Though rumors were rife about Priyanka separating from her husband Nick Jonas, she proved them all wrong by making appearance with Nick. She is also one actress who wears her Indian traditions proudly on her shoulders.
10. Rekha: Her love story with Amitabh Bachchan is well known in Bollywood, but she ended up marrying businessman Mukesh Agarwal, who later committed suicide. But till this day, Rekha wears sindoor on her forehead and rarely makes an appearance without vermilion on her forehead.
Bollywood Actresses and Their Favourite Home Remedies For Skin
5 Beauty Tips To Steal From Kareena Kapoor