How To Make Hair Grow Faster
At some point of time, all of us must have wished for a magic potion to make hair grow faster. It could be that you want to outgrow a bad haircut or that you’ve always craved beautiful waist-length hair. While one must acknowledge that there is no quick-fix method to sprout longer hair overnight, there are certainly methods to increase the rate of growth over a certain period.
Some tips to Make Hair Grow Faster
1. Cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas all of which are growth blockers.
2. Eat a healthy diet which includes plenty of fruits, veggies, nuts, whole grains, eggs and poultry. The very structure of hair is composed of protein. Make sure you are getting enough protein from vegetarian or non vegetarian sources to help you grow hair faster. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat. Essential fatty acids may be obtained from fish among animal sources and from nuts and flaxseeds among plant sources.
3. If you want to take extra hair supplements, biotin, zinc, b-complex, iron, vitamin E, vitamin A and Omega 3 Fatty Acids are some names that you should look for. For more information on specific supplements for growth, refer to IMBB article HERE
4. Avoid combing hair when wet. Don’t indulge in unnecessary brushing, blow-drying or heat-styling. Overexposure to chemicals in dyes or procedures such as rebonding stunt hair growth. Stick to nature-sourced colours such as henna and indigo. Use natural organic shampoos as far as possible.
5. Avoid the use of hot water for washing the hair. Always wash in lukewarm or preferably, cold water.
6. Regularly do a scalp massage with natural growth-boosting oils such as coconut, jojoba and olive oil to stimulate the follicles.
7. Trim your hair regularly to remove damaged hair and split ends every 6-12 weeks, depending on your rate of growth.
8. Live happy stress-free life and get ample rest and sleep to allow hair to reach its maximum growth potential.
DIY Home Remedies to Make Hair Grow Faster
• Apply olive oil to your scalp every week at night and massage well. Take a towel soaked in hot water and squeeze out excess water. Wrap it around your head to allow the heat to open pores on the scalp and let the oil absorb. Wash next morning.
• Make a mixture of aloe vera gel and honey and apply on scalp. Keep for 20 mins before washing off.
• Finely chop an onion and add it to shampoo. Leave it aside for fifteen days and then use shampoo as usual. This makes hair grow faster.
• Prepare a shampoo with little pieces of aloe vera and onion to wash hair 2 or 3 times a week. Follow with any avocado or rosemary based conditioner.
• Mix 1 tsp soy powder, 1 tsp wheatgerm, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp brewer’s yeast in a cup of yoghurt. Consume with once daily and you should see results within a month.
• Don’t discard the water after boiling potatoes. Use as a rinse after shampoo.
• Boil 2 tbsp of dry rosemary in a cup of olive oil. Let it stand for 3 days before straining. Use for head massage weekly.
• Blend one tomato with a few drops of olive oil, and apply warm on scalp. Leave on for an hour and wash.
• Provide your hair necessary nutrients by mixing an egg, 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tsps of honey. Massage on scalp and wash in half an hour.
• Soak aloe vera pieces in water overnight. Strain and use next day as a hair rinse.
• Boil dry rosemary in water and use as a daily rinse.
For people who suffer from chronic hairfall and thinning, topical solutions such as Rogain and Hair4u (reviewed HERE by Sneha) also help stimulate fresh growth by acting on the follicle and surrounding blood vessels. These, however, medicated products to be used under the guidance of a dermatologist.
There are many shampoos and growth oils in the market that may be yield results to an individual user. You may wish to ask your hair stylist for guidance regarding these.
9 Hair Care Tips to Grow Hair for Indian Women
Baldness in Women: Causes, Prevention and Treatment
How to Stop Hair Loss
Supplements to Grow Hair
How to Grow Long Bright Nails
How to Grow Eyelashes Longer
How to make Tinted Lip Balm at Home
How to make your eyeliner last all day long
How to Make an Eclectic Necklace at Home
How to make Lemon Tea
How To Make Hair Soft
How To Make Kajal (Kohl) for Eyes at Home
How To Make Hair Silky
L’oreal Paris Volume Million lashes, Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
40 thoughts on “How To Make Hair Grow Faster”
:thumbsup: Good one !
good article…I love the piccys. reminds me of Rapunzel 😉
but keeping chopped onion in shampoo for 15days!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: ..wont that stink???????
good one 🙂 but even i’m worried about using onions :((
Nice post!~ :thanks:
Personally though,I actually want shorter hair. :teeth
…and curls. :waaa:
chopped onions?? 😯 😯 😯 😯
I use aloe vera and olive oil and works nice….even applying almond oil helps in faster growth..m personally experienced :))
Great tips :thumbsup: :thanks: for sharing
hmmm… thank u sooooo much for this… :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
i need it… thnx thnx :happydance: :happydance:
bt i hav a question, im a Sikh girl.. i can not trim my hair… n i hav split ends.. i do regularly oilin n apply hibiscus gel … how can i get rid od split ends??? 😥 😥
Ive heard a lot of people say that they do the following :-
Once hair has been damaged as in split broken, there is no product that can fix it, there is fortunately a method that will help, singeing with a candle, divide out a small section twist it, move a candle flame under the strand slowly but not too slow, healthy hair won’t be harmed but broken splits will ignite, after you brush out the singed ends they will resist splitting in the future.
May be you can try it too…
yeah i have seen people doing that. bt that should be done by professionals or you may end up burning your hair. :tremble: :tremble: :tremble:
Thats right u need to be very careful…i wonder if they do this at any salons tho…
I had a bad day today at the hair dresser, she chopped off all my long hair. am so sad :((
this article is meant for me now.
I can understand how u feeling 🙁 i went for a hair cut the other day and instead of trimming 2inches,the guy chopped off more than 6 inches easily 🙁
i know, shanaiia, the only good part about is that don’t have to work hard at washing hair anymore. hope yours grows back fast too, don’t worry.it will
awwww!!! :hugleft: i hate it when hairdressers do that. :violinbash: i hope you get long long hair soon :pigtail: :puchhi:
me also want long hair again jaldi jaldi :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:
you are so sweet!
i think castor oil helps hair to grow fast, though it’s very thick and difficult to wash off.
very nice article bhumycka…… i badly want long hair but my hair doesnt grow…. 😥
hey… thank u shanaiia … :thanks:
even i hav heard about this method of candles.. bt ever tym i get scared …
vil ask a professional bout tht.. 🙂
thanx again ya… 🙂
Awesome tips Bhumycka!! :waytogo: :waytogo: WOuld try some of them!! :thanks:
Off the topic..The first pic of the gal reminds me of the beauties of horror flicks like veerana, etc :yikes: :silly:
I am interested in the onion + shampoo method
has anyone actually tried it?? will the shampoo not smell like onions?? :methinks:
I’m trying to grow my hair long! 😀 😀
I’ve had pretty short hair (above my shoulders) for a few years now and they used to grow faster than Jack’s beanstalk. Now that I actually want them to be a little longer, it seems that the little losers have gone on an Anna Hazare kind of strike. :reallypissed: I’ve just started applying the homemade hair oil (a mixture of castor, olive, coconut, almond, and aroma oils) that someone else had suggested on IMBB once. This article has also come at a perfect time. Thankee for the great tips, Bhumycka! I’ll follow all the home remedies (except perhaps the onions one – stinky! :silly: ) and hopefully, they’ll work. :toothygrin: :pigtail:
Hi Ladies..pls someone help me here.. I am 27 year old unmmaried girl.. my problem is for past 5 months i am shedding hair very badly ..my hair really lost its volume now its very thinner..nw my hair fall is some what reduced but when i apply oil on my scalp before taking hair wash, its really shedding lots of hair on the floor..i recently consulted a dermatologist and she prescribed me HAIR 4 U 5 % and TRICHOTON tablets…but i am really scared to use any hair products because alraeday i lost half my hair.. 🙁 ..pls someone tell me whether can i use what my dermotogist prescibed me?…pls ladies help me out…pls.
Hair loss can certainly be combated by much quicker growth, and something as simple as
chopping an innovative onion up and using it in to your
hair shampoo can accomplish this by means of the onion’s unique enzymes. To lose one’s hair should be particularly discouraging.
In every case, patients are advised to consult with a reputable
hair loss consultant, who will be able to recommend the most fruitful course of action
– be that hair loss medication or some other form of hair
I hve been trying to grow my hair for a quite a while but its not showing any significant increase in length…my hair are wavy…n it just tends to curlup…
I hve split end prob too…so i just hve to trim my hair in every 4 months…so there is never any significant increase in length…:(
Mix 1 tsp soy powder, 1 tsp wheatgerm, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp brewer’s yeast in a cup of yoghurt. Consume with once daily and you should see results within a month.
Do we have to drink this mixture or apply please help and we are supposed to use wheatgerm in powder form plz help
When I have applied onion in my hair was growing. For me removing onion is one of the difficulty thing. Can u say me how can I remove it off easily
I chop a onion and put it in the food processor or blender which ever u have. Then pulse it till liquid then i mix some in my shampoo and keep the rest in fridge and use as needed on my hair. My hair doesn’t smell like onions.